Sally Pim

Sally Pim

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm ready!


My bag weighs in at around 28kg... 5kg over the weight limit but no matter what i can't seem to reduce it!

 It's not filled with clothes, in fact i'm slightly concerned that i only have a few skirts and a couple of shirts...those missionaries are going to be sick of my attire after day 3- certainly i won't be in the running for the title of most fashionable missionary!
I think its the pile of books and the huge amount of medication i'm taking over... yeh pretty sure that is it! It's a cross between a library and a pharmacy in that bag!

It's now less than a week before i say adios to Perth and howzit to South Africa. I'll be spending a night in Johannesburg before flying out the next morning to Blantyre, Malawi- i'll be met by the Cranes and Beecks there!! We'll then enjoy a 6-8 hr road trip up to Lichinga, Mozambique where i'll be spending the next few months or so!
I said goodbye to  the wonderful people at the Travel Doctors in Freo today. They've been so encouraging as i've come in each week or so for injections and prescriptions. I had the last rabies shot this morning. Unfortunately i found out through a trial that i have a reaction to the malaria medication, so i'll be making my suitcase all the more heavier with heaps of insect repellent!

So I'm ready...excited for the adventure! I have no idea what to expect- and i think that's ok... God taught me last time that he exceeds expectations so i'm just going to work on being flexible and allowing Him to use me over there...we'll see how it goes! I know it's going to be challenging at times, but what is so encouraging is knowing that i have a strong support network here who are praying for me during this time.

I'll leave you with this video... it shows a bit of the trip to Africa i went on as part of a Global Xposure trip in January. We only decided to make a video part way through so there's not a lot of footage...but it shows some of our reflections as we faced certain situations.... enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Can you try a different Malaria medication? There are quite a few.... Or take some Malarone with you (so long as that's not the one yr allergic to)which can be used for treatment as well as prevention. Tim can tell you more about this stuff..... Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! The travel doctor also told me about taking malarone as a treatment. Ive taken doxy and malarone before- both having side effects, so ive just bought a box of malarone for treatment only!

      Delete