Sally Pim

Sally Pim

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Skippin' the country...

Two posts in one week! This is unusual for me....but it's because it's an unusual time!

Today we just found out my visa application has been rejected in Lichinga!!! Eeep...with the visa i am currently on expiring very soon, and with no chance to renew it here, this means i have to leave the country...pretty soon (like a few days time type of soon..)

But....Jonno has been absolutely incredible in visiting the embassy and using some pretty helpful connections and so all is not without hope! There are a few options we're trying out at this time..
this is Africa and hey, i'm sure i can maybe learn something in all this???

I'm certainly a bit scared. What if i get rejected at the border and can't return into Mozambique? I want to trust God completely, but i can't help but feel slightly discouraged...the feeling that i'm not wanted in the country i'm in is not a nice one. It's not personal i keep getting reminded. What i need to do is trust that God's hand will be over all of this.
From my last post, you may be thinking- what's the big deal? You talked about being lonely, and this could mean you get to go home, back to your family and friends in Perth very soon!
But this in itself is already showing me how much i want to stay here. I have craft plans with the kids, a bad taste christmas outfit to think about, some chicken mince in the freezer that i have grand plans for... and above all of that, i have a desire to be of whatever use i can be to this team here. I've been so blessed by them (unbelievably so) and have learnt so much from them in just two months. I've been able to experience God in a completely new way here and i don't want that to end. There is a need here, especially at this time when new families are arriving and language learning is a priority. God put me here for a purpose and i want to see that through.

Alrighty, let the adventures begin i guess! I say with hope that my next post will bring good news!

Here are some prayer/praise points...

- That i'll get a longer term visa (preferably the 6 month multi entry one!)
- Praise God for the Cranes, Houstons and Beecks for fighting for me to stay... i'm humbled and grateful for their love and support (and positivity)!

Thanks for reading :) and thanks SO much for your prayers and support!






4 comments:

  1. A bad taste outfit and chicken mince- love it!!

    I will be praying LOTS and LOTS! I want you to stay there too, Sal. (Getting a bit teary about the thought of Matilda losing you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love you! Praying and sending hugs. Wish I could make the lonely and the scared go away! Your sooo brave and I'm sooooo proud of you and what your doing xox Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete