Sally Pim

Sally Pim

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Boa tarde

I have four weeks and a day to learn the basics of Portuguese!
My room is now decorated with lots of pieces of paper taped to walls/door/wardrobe/shelves....each with a phrase or an important word i'll need to know in Portuguese...I'm kind of hoping that by looking at them each day it will help me remember them....but so far no such luck...i think i'm just terrible at learning a new language!
It doesn't help when there are so many other things to do either!

This past week and a half i've had the opportunity to go to help out at a Pre-Kindy, have interviews, get a whole bunch of injections and tests (i'd forgotten about the medical prep!) catch up with a bunch of friends and family, look after two five week old kittens, edit a video for the last Africa Trip (Finished!!! YAY!), sort out HBF and bank stuff (can't really have these things if you don't have an income) read a couple of books, watch some movies, go to a kitchen tea and a few hens parties and be a carer at MOPS.

The days are just flying past and i'm loving every moment of it... I'm very grateful that my brother is a uni student because he seems to have so much free time- and i'm loving getting to hang out with him before i leave.

So what to do next?

Pack! - It sounds silly to do it so early, but i'm a bit of a freak when it comes to organisation and at least if i know that everything is in my bags i'll be able to sleep at night and not stress that I've forgotten something important!

Transfer Money- and work out how to take it over...hmmm...any ideas?

And in all of this preparing I need to remember that it is God who is leading me...therefore i need to spend time with him... discerning, recognizing and praying.. It is so easy to get caught up in the practical day to day things that need to be done but i think it is just as important (if not more!) to start each day with God and remember why I am doing this.

For those wondering how i'm feeling about the trip- well i am certainly becoming more aware of the challenge it is going to be, and with that comes a bit of nervousness, but i am also very excited! I've been having to say goodbye to some close friends already, so it's certainly getting real!
Mondays seem to be the worst day- i can't really work out why...but that's when most of the fear/nervousness/questions really get to me! But the joy and excitement are much stronger emotions- so they're winning out at this point!

I'm off to Geraldton this weekend to spend some quality time with some good friends- i'll be sure to post some photos of the lovely beaches- to make up for the lack of photos in this post!!

Happy Easter everyone!








No comments:

Post a Comment