Sally Pim

Sally Pim

Friday, March 23, 2012

One step closer..

It was my last day at Curtin yesterday... I will miss the energetic, intelligent crew i got to work with...as well as the interesting conversations out in the kitchen, the yummy morning teas and the on-going dramas with the air con!
My colleagues put on a lovely afternoon tea for me and made me feel very loved!! It was the first time I've ever been to a party where the focus was solely on me (being a twin means you're always sharing the spotlight) so it was very special! I'm deeply touched by the generosity and kindness shown to me by everyone there- thank you!!

Here are some pics :)

enjoying the food!










So i'm officially unemployed!!! That is scary...How do i answer when people ask me what i do??

Now it's on to the next challenge. Learning the language! In Lichinga, the main language is Portuguese, so i'm dedicating this next month to learning the basics.
I'll also be visiting some kindys/playgroups and getting some tips from them. My time in Mozambique will be largely spent looking after the missionary children, so i figure i should get as much training, advice and ideas as i can! I'll let you know how i go as i take this next step!


And thats the end of an era.....




2 comments:

  1. Sally,

    All the best for the months ahead. You too are an ordinary person doing exceptional things... May God bless you as you stretch yourself in the new environment.

    I'm sure your Dad will keep me informed!

    ReplyDelete