Sally Pim

Sally Pim

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Surprise!


I love birthdays! If you’re having a birthday you can be sure I’ll be there to help you celebrate (unless of course I’m away, like you know, in Africa or something...) And there is something so special about all those Facebook messages you get from friends you speak to maybe once a year. Or twice- if you remember to message them on their birthday too.

Just recently it was my birthday. The fourth time I’ve ever celebrated it in the continent I was born in, and the first time without my twin brother (we did survive it fine!)
What a day I had! It was so good that I came away thinking- I need to write a blog post on this… and so here I am, writing one to share with the world how amazing the GIA team in Mozambique is.
They really are an incredible bunch of people- and not just because they made my birthday so special- that’s really just a reflection of their generosity and kindness and love they constantly share with each other and me.
These guys organized a surprise party for me. Complete with the one and only bouncy castle in Lichinga, and a very fun slip ‘n’ slide. Instead of trying to explain the awesomeness that was this party- I’ll share some pics!

Thank you so much Team Moz! I am so grateful to be spending this time with you now! Thank you for your encouragement and love. You guys are teaching me in ways you may not even know, and I’m very grateful to have each of you as friends!

Enjoy the pics!



Surprise!!




Lichinga Family


Matilda enjoying the slip 'n' slide

Slip sliding away...
GO Paulo and Alan!!!



There was a lot of sliding going on that afternoon!



The lovely 'Irmania' icecream cake Heather made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment